Wise Wolves
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wise Wolves

Welcome to the Wise Wolves clan!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sirplayalot
Mod
Mod
Sirplayalot

IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!   IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:09 pm

This may becoming a problem and I feel that now is the time to tell everyone about this.

There are certain users who are trying to cause havoc in this forum. Not by swearing, not by insulting you, not even by cheating. Instead, there are certain people out there who just love stealing accounts. This isn't anything new as many of you may know but people are being more creative, kinda, with this and us staff are simply trying to look out for all of you because that's what we do.

Of course all of you should know that giving your password out to people is just dumb. You wouldn't give the PIN number to your debit card to someone so why give away your password, right? OK, so now certain users are asking for your email. With this, they can somehow steal your account. If a random user comes to you and says, "Can I have your email? I want to add you as a buddy," then please be careful. I won't get into any specifics as to HOW they are stealing your accounts in this game, but know that it's possible and they WILL do it. Not only will they steal your PS account either, but they WILL hack into your email. Please everyone, look out for people who approach you in this manner. If you don't know them, don't talk to them. They may not word it like I did, but it surely will be something similar.

Another thing a hacker may ask are random questions such as "Who is your favorite idol in the forum? What school did you go to as a child? What is your favorite movie?" Random questions such as the ones I just stated by random people are also something you should watch out for. We all have security questions for our email accounts and giving someone the answer to that security question could result in your account being hacked. Look everyone, having your account hacked isn't fun. Try to prevent that by creating difficult passwords and by not speaking to people you don't know.
Back to top Go down
Oblivion
Head Admin
Head Admin
Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!   IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 6:08 am

Really good job man! i'll see what i can do about getting you head mod Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-clan.rpg-board.net/forum.htm
Sirplayalot
Mod
Mod
Sirplayalot

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!   IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 27, 2009 3:29 pm

Thanks, make this sticky?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
Founder
Founder
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!   IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:30 pm

Okay, this is a well thought out and written post so I have changed it to sticky Smile Thanks for the support Sirplayalot!

Lone Wolf~
Back to top Go down
https://wolf-clan.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!   IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT!!! Take care of your account!
Page 1 of 1